Incubators and Accelerators in Ghana
Ghana has a great number of innovative start-ups in several sectors; some even raising investment funding for scale-up. However, young businesses have problems surviving the first years of existence because they lack the knowledge and skills needed to transition from a start-up to a sustainable business. Therefore, incubators and accelerators are there to support ambitious entrepreneurs in their journey.
- Orange Corners Ghana, accelerator: Orange Corners is an initiative of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in collaboration with MDF West Africa, the Ghana Innovation Hub and our private sector partners. Our ambition is to further develop and strengthen the entrepreneurship ecosystem in Ghana. We do this by enabling youth to develop their existing companies and by providing these entrepreneurs with the necessary opportunities, skills and access to markets and capital.
- MEST, incubator: MEST is an incubator by providing a 12 month training program in software development, business and communications. They also use seed fund for their graduated entrepreneurs.
- Ghana innovation hub, incubator & accelerator: At the Ghana Innovation Hub we believe in the power of businesses and the power of technology to improve business operations. In order to help develop innovative businesses, we work to improve the quality and availability of support services and access to finance in the Ghanaian ecosystem. The hub offers physical working space, as well as business development services, investment matchmaking and ecosystem support.
- Innohub, accelerator: Innohub is a business accelerator and impact investment platform that helps SMEs with high growth and high impact potential to become investment ready, sustainable and scalable in order to achieve profitability and social impact.
- ImpactHub, incubator: Impact Hub Accra is a co-working space and actively promotes entrepreneurship in the Ghanaian entrepreneurial ecosystem. Impact Hub Accra main mission is to support inclusive growth through the creation of a social innovation ecosystem by developing programs, providing workspace, access to capital and connecting entrepreneurs focused on solutions to regional challenges.
- Kumasi Hive, tech incubator & accelerator: Kumasi Hive is an innovation hub for rapid prototyping of ideas, budding local innovations, impact start-up support & promoting youth entrepreneurship as a way of addressing critical social economic and developmental challenges.
- Growth Mosaic, accelerator: Growth Mosaic is a social-purpose business preparing small and growing businesses to access and manage growth investment.
- Hopin Academy, incubator: Hopin Academy is an innovative entrepreneurial organization, providing goal-oriented, participatory, practice-oriented learning with the aid of technology.
- Ghana Climate Innovation Center, incubator: The Ghana Climate Innovation Centre (GCIC) is a pioneering business incubator with a unique focus of developing SME ventures and entrepreneurs in Ghana’s ‘Green Economy’.
- ISpace, incubator: Their role as incubator in the startup ecosystem is to provide a conducive environment for growth by providing office space, funding, training and mentoring. They are a space created for and by the local tech community by championing the use of mobile and web technology for social impact.